In 2016 we gleaned, gathered, and distributed over 34,000 pounds of fresh food that would have otherwise went to waste.
What We've Achieved so far...
- Completed more than 3,300 EBT/SNAP transactions totaling over $57,000 through our Shop the Market program.
- Provided $16,000 in FREE bonus funds for participants of the Shop the Market program allowing their food dollars to stretch further.
- Engaged over 1,000 volunteers in service of increasing fresh food access in our communities.
- Gleaned, gathered, and distributed over 275,000 pounds of fresh food through our Community Orchard and Harvest Share programs.
- Built relationships with forty-two (42) distribution sites including food pantries, senior meal sites, and after school programs.
- Expanded our work to serve Latah, Whitman, Nez Perce, and Asotin counties -- that's a 4,000 mile radius.