Join our team as a Sustaining Volunteer
Sustaining Volunteers ensure Backyard Harvest has enough reliable support to successfully support our programs and our community. By joining in and helping out on a regular basis - whether that is weekly, biweekly, or monthly - you can create meaningful change within our community.
Everything we do is done in Partnership
+ staff + volunteers + property owners + donors + board of directors + funders + partners +
TOGETHER WE OUTGROW HUNGER IN OUR COMMUNITIES
At Backyard Harvest we:
· Are dedicated to serving our community with a smile and treat everyone with kindness
· Are eager to reduce waste and improve access to fresh, healthy foods
· Are engaged in supporting our communities through building relationships
· Are enthusiastic about working together as a team
Our team is looking for people who:
· Are outgoing, friendly, and can interact with a wide variety of people
· Are organized and responsible with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
· Are passionate about alleviating hunger and poverty in our communities
· Are excited about working with our dynamic team
Our core teams of volunteers will harvest as much produce as possible during our short harvest windows throughout the Palouse and LC Valley. Harvest season lasts June-November. Sign up for a weekly, biweekly, or monthly shift today!
Help maintain garden plots in Pullman & Moscow by prepping, weeding, watering, planting, and harvesting produce. Experience is preferred to ensure our plants grow up strong and healthy, getting the right amount of water and TLC.
These leadership roles will organize and oversee gardening volunteers and work parties. It may also include working with University of Idaho Extension for gardening classes and related education.
Distribution + Delivery Support
Volunteers will help to transport produce to various food access sites throughout the Palouse and LC Valley. Food access points include food pantries, after-school programs, senior meal sites, and shelters.
Media + Communications
Volunteers will help build visibility of our work within the communities we serve. Tasks may include social media planning and posts, monthly e-newsletters, website support and development, and other public relations tasks.
Outreach + Event SupporT
Volunteers will assist with organizational outreach opportunities for Backyard Harvest and food access partners throughout the region. Tasks may include tabling at community events, event planning, and/or helping with event activities.
Office Support Volunteer
Volunteers will help with general office duties including data entry, answering and making phone calls, filing paperwork, and other tasks as needed.